Sunday, October 31, 2010

Yes they CAN!


For the first time in Brazilian history a women was elected president! Being able to vote in the Brazilian presidential elections I did not vote for her, but I’m happy that she won because it shows how women are capable in doing many professions. Dilma Rousseff, elected president of Brazil may become a role model for many women, influencing them to follow their dreams, knowing that they are capable in having any profession a man can have. Having a woman, as president will give more rights to women, allowing them to have more power; eventually women will make their own money and will become less dependent on men, as well as to improving the economy. Having a woman as president is good for any country. I believe that USA next president should be a woman. According to the UN, “if you educate a woman, then you educate her children, her community and her country. If you give a woman power and respect, she will take decisions that benefit her family, and society as a whole.” Women will make the world a better place!

No comments:

Post a Comment